SOCCER PASSING GAME
CLASSIC KEEP AWAY SOCCER PASSING GAME
Keep Away is the best soccer passing game that is used by clubs and players of different age and skill level all around the world.
Simple to explain and easy to understand, players move around the grid at different pace, passing the soccer
ball, and trying to keep it away from the defenders, or chasers.
soccer game can be done with friends as well. It will develop the players first
touch on the ball, quick thinking, passing, dribbling, getting out of
tight spaces, and other game related skills.
No cones, coaches or any equipment.
Just a soccer ball and a minimum of 3 players needed for a game of soccer keep away.
Coaches should encourage Keep Away outside of practice.
SOCCER PASSING GAME SET UP
- Place 4 cones to make a square 5 - 20 m/yd all around (depending on player age and skill).
- Split up players into groups of 3 - 5 players.
group should have 1 or 2 more passers.
- For 5 players, choose 4 passers and 1 chaser, or harder option, with 3 passers
and 2 chasers.
- Each group will take one soccer ball.
SOCCER PASSING DRILL INSTRUCTIONS
- First pass is always FREE.
the second player touches the ball, 1 or 2 players inside the square
will attempt to cut off the pass by chasing and trying to intercept a
- If the pass is intercepted, or kicked out of bounds, the
player who last touched the ball will switch roles with one of
the chasing players.
- Keep Away can be started with unlimited touches.
- Limit touches when the players are
comfortable with the ball at their feet.
- If the ball leaves the square, player who kicked the ball out will take the role of a chasing player.
SOCCER COACHING TIPS & VARIATIONS
10 - 15 consecutive passes earns the chasers of the ball some pushups, sit ups or one extra turn in the role of chaser/defender.
- Passes through the legs of the chasers/defenders can add an extra turn chasing.
- Split passes in between 2 chasers can be punishable by an extra turn for both players.
hands to play this game. Develop space coordination using
simple passes with hands and keeping the soccer ball in the air, and
inside the square. Same rules apply with players passing the ball, and
defenders chasing to block a pass. If a pass is thrown outside of the
square, the player that threw it will change roles with the chasing
player. Hands are used to block the pass.
Get creative and add your own rules. Keep Away is one step away from becoming a soccer game. Just add goals :)
SOCCER PASSING DRILLS
SOCCER PASSING GAME KEEP AWAY
SOCCER PASSING AND RECEIVING DRILLS