U12 Soccer Drill for Attacking and Defending Skills
U12 Soccer Drill all youth players love, and enjoy playing. I call it Numbers Game.
This soccer drill is competitive, educational, and is a great training drill to apply in team training sessions.
Players of all ages are able to play this fun soccer training drill, that is good for individual skills, as well as teamwork.
This is another soccer drill where the game teaches players different skills, both attacking and defending at the same time.
Coaches is there to watch, guide, and encourage players to be creative and try different skills on the field.
This soccer drill will develop individual skills, and working in small teams.
Players will improve dribbling, shooting, passing, shielding, and beating opponents in 1 vs 1
Opposite player will develop better defensive skills.
U12 Soccer Drill - Numbers Game
- Mark an area 20 m/yd X 15 m/yd.
- Make 2 goals on each side of the field 1 m/yd wide.
- Split the players into even groups, and give each group player a number. For example, 8 players total split into half is 4 players, so they will each have numbers 1, 2, 3 or 4.
- Coach will take a position on the sideline center, with each group of players on each side.
- Coach will start this soccer drill by yelling out a number, and kicking the ball into play.
- Players from both groups, who have been assigned that number, will sprint on the field to win the ball.
- Whoever gets to the ball first will be able to attack the defending player and score on his/her goal.
- The game is played until one player scores a goal, or the ball goes out of bounds. If the game is taking too long, Coach will count down 5 seconds until the next player goes.
- Encourage players to take on opponents, and shoot
whenever there is a chance to get the shot off.
- Play up to 5, or 10 goals, than the loosing team can get punished with sprints, pushups or situps.
U12 Soccer Drill Coaching Tips
- Encourage players to get creative and take on their defender.
- Limit touches to 1 - 3 for groups of players who are already comfortable on the soccer ball.
- Modify this soccer drill by having players enter the field by running around the field, and entering the field from behind their goal, on the further post/cone.
U12 Soccer Drill
Enjoy this page? Please spread the word. Here's how..
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
soccer shooting/attacking drills
- Soccer Shooting Drills
will help players develop their kicks on the soccer ball. There are
different kinds of shooting techniques in soccer. Knowing the right way
to kick the ball is crucial to firm and precise shooting.
- Soccer Shooting Tips to learn the proper shooting technique and positive habits for shooting the soccer ball.
- Fun Soccer Drills using games with attacking drills through crossing, or shooting.
soccer passing drills
soccer ball control drills
- Ball Control Soccer Drills to help players get more familiar with the surface of the ball.
- Soccer Training Drills to improve players ball control skills. Getting familiar with the soccer ball takes time, consistency and effort.
- U10 Soccer Training Drills to improve ball handling skills, agility, coordination, and speed.
- Soccer Drills for Beginner soccer players U8 and U6. These soccer drills can also be adapted to older kids by changing the pace, and adding few skills.
- Small Sided Games to teach youth soccer players how to play soccer through the game being the Coach. Players will fall in love with the game from simply playing soccer.
- This Soccer Drill is many kids favorite soccer training drill in practice. The game is the Coach, while players enjoy competitive side of soccer in smaller spaces.
- First Touch Soccer Drills to help young players work on their passing, receiving, and moving. Smart players, with great
ball control, will use their first touch to get out of tight situations,
and surrounding defenders.
SOCCER FITNESS, SPEED AND AGILITY
- Agility Ladder Drills,
also called Speed Ladder Drills, are very important for soccer players to develop agility, and speed.
- Soccer Agility Drills
are used to improve players balance, footwork, and
coordination. Change of direction is frequent throughout the game, so being
agile, and able to quickly change direction is really important.
- Soccer Conditioning Drills
will build up the players endurance for the WHOLE game. Players usually
frown on these soccer drills, as they push them to exhaustion point;
but prepare them for the game. Fit player is twice as valuable for any
team in a match.
- Speed Training Drills will push players to build up their explosive speed, tight cornering, and the ability to speed up, and slow down their pace. These drills will build up the players endurance, and shorten the recovery after sprints.