Warm Up Soccer Drill
Warm Up Soccer Drill
PASS AND MOVE
This warm up soccer drill requires players to pass, and run through the cone
activities with little or no rest.
When done properly there will be minimal wait for the players, as they move around the training grid.
WARM UP SOCCER EXERCISE - SET UP
- Set up a rectangle 20 m/yd long x 15 m/yd wide.
- Make a passing channel (blue cones) 1 - 2 m/yd wide in the center of the rectangle.
- Place 3 – 5 cones on each side of the rectangle for players to do different activities… distance between these cones should not
exceed 1 m/yd.
- Split the players up into 2 groups with 2-4 players per group.
- Each group will stand about 20 meters/yards
apart, on the opposite end of the rectangle. One team will have the soccer ball (in the picture
above, the red players start the drill because they have the ball).
- Once you have the grid set up
similar to the picture above, this drill is rather easy to explain.
- The red player will start this
soccer warm up drill by passing the soccer ball through the passing channel to
the black player.
- After the pass is made, player will
run through to the left and through his/her channel on the left side.
- In this example player will use quick feet
to get around all the cones.
- The red player will finish the drill
with quick feet all around the last cone and then explosive run to the back of
the black players line.
- While the red player is performing
the drill, one of the black players should be doing the same thing.
- Players will pass the soccer ball
and run through the grid as soon as the pass is made, it should look smooth
with players running both grids, and the soccer ball moving from one side to the
other through the blue passing channel.
SOCCER COACHING TIPS
- Demonstrate this, or any other soccer drill, especially when doing it for the first time.
- Pay attention to player’s footwork, and turning radius around the cones.
- When turning around the cones, players
should drop down slightly by bending their knees, and try to make the turns
around the cones as quick and short as possible.
- This warm up drill should be done at 80% pace.
- Modify this drill by adding
different activities for the activity cone part of the grid.
- Players can do high knees, back
pedal, side stepping, karaoke, but kicks, suicide runs etc…
Warm Up Soccer Drills
Warm Up Pass and Move
Enjoy this page? Please spread the word. Here's how..
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
Soccer Warm Up Drills and Games