Instagram - Facebook - YouTube
Warm Up Game for Soccer
Warm Up Game for Soccer
Warm up game for soccer and players of all ages.
From all of the warm up soccer drills, Keep Away
is perhaps one of the most commonly used soccer warm up drill in the
world of soccer.
Teams around the world, from amateur to professional levels, use this
simple, fun and effective soccer drill before games or practice.
Away makes players move around the grid at different pace, passing,
dribbling or defending, all in small spaces.
soccer drill will develop first
touch on the ball, quick thinking, passing, dribbling, getting out of
tight spaces and other game related skills.
Coaches should encourage Keep Away outside of practice as well.
Warm Up for Soccer with Keep Away - SET UP
- Set up 4 cones 5 - 10 m/yd apart to make a square.
- Split up players into groups of 3 - 5 players.
group should have 1 or 2 more players who are passers. For 5 players
you can choose 4 passers and 1 chaser, or harder option, with 3 passers
and 2 chasers.
- Each group will take one soccer ball.
Warm Up Game for Soccer - Keep Away - INSTRUCTIONS
- Start this drill by letting the first pass go.
the second player touches the ball, 1 or 2 players inside the square
will attempt to cut off the pass by chasing and trying to intercept a
- If the pass is intercepted or kicked out of bounds, the
player who last touched the soccer ball will switch roles with one of
the chasing players.
- Keep Away for young players should be
done with unlimited touches. Limit touches only when the players are
comfortable with the ball at their feet.
- If the ball leaves the square, player who kicked the ball out will take the role of a chasing player.
KEEPAWAY Warm Up Soccer Game Variations
15 consecutive passes earns the chasers of the ball some pushups, situps or one extra turn in the role of chaser/defender.
- Passes through the legs of the chasers/defenders can add an extra turn chasing.
- Split passes in between 2 chasers can be punishable by an extra turn for both players.
hands to play this game. Develop space coordination using
simple passes with hands and keeping the soccer ball in the air, and
inside the square. Same rules apply with players passing the ball and
players chasing it to block a pass. If a pass is thrown outside of the
square, the player that threw it will change roles with the chasing
Warm Up Soccer Drills
Warm Up Games for Soccer
Soccer Warm Up Drills and Games