SOCCER DRILL TO DEVELOP A RELATIONSHIP WITH THE SOCCER BALL
Soccer Drill X 10,000 hours of touches on the soccer ball is how you
master and manipulate the ball in the ways that we see players do on TV.
No shortcuts, no excuses, just hard work and consistency with different soccer activities.
Each soccer drill listed below will concentrate on getting the most touches on the ball.
Players and coaches can use, or adapt these soccer drills for training and developing ball control with the soccer ball.
Players have to work hard, and can take water breaks as needed.
Individual players will need about 1 hour to complete this soccer training session, and club teams will take about 90 min.
START WITH JUGGLING THE SOCCER BALL FOR 10 MIN...
FOLLOW JUGGLING WITH 100'S OF TOUCHES ON THE BALL...
After 10 min of juggling the soccer ball, move on to more touches on the ball.
- Inside/Outside Right Foot x 60 - 90 sec
- Inside/Outside Left Foot x 60 - 90 sec
- Inside/Outside Alternating Feet x 60 - 90 sec
Take water breaks as needed, but work hard and REALLY CONCENTRATE.
- Toe Touches (Taps) x 60 - 90 sec
- Roll the ball left and right while
hopping on opposite foot x 60 - 90 sec (30 - 45 sec each foot)
- Pull the
ball back with sole of the foot, kick the ball out with laces x 60 - 90
sec (30 - 45 sec each foot)
After you have finished 1 or 2 repetitions, take 2 minutes
to express yourself with the soccer ball. Dribble the ball around the field and
get creative, try different skills and tricks with the ball.
Soccer Training Tips:
- When doing the Inside/Outside Touches move the soccer ball in a zig zag motion,
across your body, rather than kicking the ball forward.
- Stay on your
toes. Its a great habit to make you lighter and faster on your feet.
- Quick touches
and ball movement.
- Beginner players SLOOOOOW DOOOOWN to learn
the technique; speed will come after.
SOCCER TRAINING FOR KIDS TO IMPROVE TOUCHES, TIGHT TURNS, CREATIVITY, AND OVERALL SKILLS WITH THE BALL.
- Set up a rectangle with 6 cones spaced 10 m/yd horizontally, and 5 m/yd vertically.
- Dribble the soccer ball from one cone to another horizontally.
you reach the last cone, turn around it, and bring the ball back to the
starting point. Get creative with the soccer ball, using different
moves and dribbles to bring the ball back.
Ball Control Variations:
- Right foot only
- Left foot only
- Alternate feet
- Roll across body
- Juggle the ball across, and around cones.
- GET CREATIVE...
Soccer Coaching Tips:
- Use quick, short touches when dribbling the soccer ball. Keep the ball close.
- Make tight turns around the cones.
- Really Concentrate on your touches; every step should be a touch on the ball.
2 - 3 REPETITIONS X 3 - 4 SETS with WATER BREAKS AS NEEDED
SOCCER DRILL TO IMPROVE AGILITY, SPEED & BALL CONTROL.
This soccer drill will help players improve agility, speed and footwork mixed with more touches on the soccer ball.
- Set up an agility ladder with a soccer ball in front of the ladder.
- Place 3 cones in a triangle shape spaced 10 m/yd apart.
- Start by running through the agility ladder.
- Pick up the soccer ball and dribble it around the triangle cones.
- Leave the soccer ball in front of the ladder.
- Run through the ladder once again to complete 1 repetition.
Different Agility Ladder Runs.
- Run through the ladder, make a step in every square.
- Bunny hops. Quick hops with both feet inside every square of the ladder.
- Five bunny hops, switch to running through the rest of the ladder.
- Run across the agility ladder.
3 - 4 REPETITIONS X 3 - 4 SETS - WATER BREAKS AS NEEDED
SOCCER DRILL TRAINING TIPS:
- Stay light on your feet for every ladder exercise.
- Every step should be a touch on the soccer ball when dribbling around the cone triangle.
- Alternate dribbling the ball starting to the left / right side.
- WORK HARD AND REALLY CONCENTRATE.
FINISH TRAINING WITH A SOCCER DRILLS THAT ADDS MORE TOUCHES, AND A FINISH ON GOAL.
Finish the training hour with a soccer drill that adds a fun factor of shooting on goal.
It is best to have 3 - 4 soccer balls so you can complete 3 - 4 repetitions one after another.
- Set up 6 cones in a straight line with 1 m/yd of space in between each cone.
- Dribble the soccer ball through the cones.
- Take a shot on goal.
- Come back running through the cones.
- Repeat 3 - 4 times.
Variations and Training Tips for this Drill
more touches on the ball you can start at the bottom of the cones with
your back facing the goal. Dribble the ball through the cones, turn
around the last cone, and dribble the ball back through the cones once
again, before shooting on goal.
- Use only Right foot, Left foot, Rolls, Gates etc...
- Keep the ball close and control its path with every step.
- Get creative and use these exercise to make your own. Lots of touches, turns and twists with the ball at your feet.
IMPROVE BALL CONTROL
soccer shooting/attacking drills
- Soccer Shooting Drills
will help players develop their kicks on the soccer ball. There are
different kinds of shooting techniques in soccer. Knowing the right way
to kick the ball is crucial to firm and precise shooting.
- Soccer Shooting Tips to learn the proper shooting technique and positive habits for shooting the soccer ball.
- Fun Soccer Drills using games with attacking drills through crossing, or shooting.
soccer passing drills
soccer ball control drills
- Ball Control Soccer Drills to help players get more familiar with the surface of the ball.
- Soccer Training Drills to improve players ball control skills. Getting familiar with the soccer ball takes time, consistency and effort.
- U10 Soccer Training Drills to improve ball handling skills, agility, coordination, and speed.
- Soccer Drills for Beginner soccer players U8 and U6. These soccer drills can also be adapted to older kids by changing the pace, and adding few skills.
- Small Sided Games to teach youth soccer players how to play soccer through the game being the Coach. Players will fall in love with the game from simply playing soccer.
- This Soccer Drill is many kids favorite soccer training drill in practice. The game is the Coach, while players enjoy competitive side of soccer in smaller spaces.
- First Touch Soccer Drills to help young players work on their passing, receiving, and moving. Smart players, with great
ball control, will use their first touch to get out of tight situations,
and surrounding defenders.
SOCCER FITNESS, SPEED AND AGILITY
- Agility Ladder Drills,
also called Speed Ladder Drills, are very important for soccer players to develop agility, and speed.
- Soccer Agility Drills
are used to improve players balance, footwork, and
coordination. Change of direction is frequent throughout the game, so being
agile, and able to quickly change direction is really important.
- Soccer Conditioning Drills
will build up the players endurance for the WHOLE game. Players usually
frown on these soccer drills, as they push them to exhaustion point;
but prepare them for the game. Fit player is twice as valuable for any
team in a match.
- Speed Training Drills will push players to build up their explosive speed, tight cornering, and the ability to speed up, and slow down their pace. These drills will build up the players endurance, and shorten the recovery after sprints.