PASSING DRILLS FOR SOCCER
Passing drills for soccer can be adapted for all ages by making the grid bigger, or smaller.
Older soccer players will use limited touches, while the youth players will be encouraged to pass correctly and quickly, with unlimited touches.
This soccer passing drill is aimed for more skillful soccer players, who are already able to pass the ball correctly.
exercise will use split passes that will require accuracy and pace on
the ball. Defenders will try to cut off passes that are weak and
Moving the soccer ball quickly, using the correct passing technique is the best way to keep the possession of the soccer ball.
passing drills for soccer - set up
- Place cones to make four squares with dimensions 4 m/yd wide and 8 m/yd
- Mark these squares with cones as seen in the picture.
- Instruct 2 - 3 players to take a position inside each square as seen in the picture.
- Use one soccer ball.
passing drills for soccer - instructions
- Red Players (#1, #2, #3 and #4) will attempt to make 15 consecutive passes, without leaving their box of play.
- Blue Players (#3 and #4) will try to stop the passes. Players chasing the ball will not have boundaries.
- When the pass is blocked, blue players (#1, #2, #3 and #4) try to keep possession, while red players (#3 and #4) become chasers.
- Players will rotate positions, so that every player gets to play chasers, or defenders.
- Players passing the soccer ball are not able to leave their square, so if the pass is soft, and cut off, it will be considered a change of possession.
- Passing players leaving the box will also be change of possession.
- For every 15 consecutive passes, players on the other team will do sprints, sit ups, push ups, or other punishment.
PASSING IN SOCCER TRAINING TIPS
- Kick the soccer ball with pace.
- Lock your ankle, and position your body properly before attempting to pass the ball.
- Allow passing the ball in the air, and on the ground.
- Keep the pace of the drill fast with possession change every time the soccer ball completely stops. This will add more ball movement and urgency to pass and move the soccer ball.
- Add another soccer ball, so that the players have 2 balls to pass around the grid.
FOUR SQUARES PASSING DRILL
WARM UP SOCCER DRILLS
soccer shooting/attacking drills
- Soccer Shooting Drills
will help players develop their kicks on the soccer ball. There are
different kinds of shooting techniques in soccer. Knowing the right way
to kick the ball is crucial to firm and precise shooting.
- Soccer Shooting Tips to learn the proper shooting technique and positive habits for shooting the soccer ball.
- Fun Soccer Drills using games with attacking drills through crossing, or shooting.
soccer passing drills
- Soccer Passing Drills
are focused on repetitive passing of the ball, while the player uses
the right technique in locking his/her ankle, and making firm contact on
- Soccer Passing Tips and Technique for passing the soccer ball with pace and accuracy.
- Four Squares passing soccer drill.
- Possession Game for improving passing soccer skills.
- Back Pedal for lots of passes and movement.
- Small Sided Games to apply in training and help with young soccer players development passing, quick thinking, dribbling, creativity and decision making.
- Soccer Practice Drills to help players learn how to move the soccer ball wide, and attack from crosses, and wide areas of the field.
- Soccer Passing and Receiving Drills to help players get more comfortable on the soccer ball. Players will learn to receive the ball, and move after the pass is complete.
soccer ball control drills
- Ball Control Soccer Drills to help players get more familiar with the surface of the ball.
- Soccer Training Drills to improve players ball control skills. Getting familiar with the soccer ball takes time, consistency and effort.
- U10 Soccer Training Drills to improve ball handling skills, agility, coordination, and speed.
- Soccer Drills for Beginner soccer players U8 and U6. These soccer drills can also be adapted to older kids by changing the pace, and adding few skills.
- Small Sided Games to teach youth soccer players how to play soccer through the game being the Coach. Players will fall in love with the game from simply playing soccer.
- This Soccer Drill is many kids favorite soccer training drill in practice. The game is the Coach, while players enjoy competitive side of soccer in smaller spaces.
- First Touch Soccer Drills to help young players work on their passing, receiving, and moving. Smart players, with great
ball control, will use their first touch to get out of tight situations,
and surrounding defenders.
SOCCER FITNESS, SPEED AND AGILITY
- Agility Ladder Drills,
also called Speed Ladder Drills, are very important for soccer players to develop agility, and speed.
- Soccer Agility Drills
are used to improve players balance, footwork, and
coordination. Change of direction is frequent throughout the game, so being
agile, and able to quickly change direction is really important.
- Soccer Conditioning Drills
will build up the players endurance for the WHOLE game. Players usually
frown on these soccer drills, as they push them to exhaustion point;
but prepare them for the game. Fit player is twice as valuable for any
team in a match.
- Speed Training Drills will push players to build up their explosive speed, tight cornering, and the ability to speed up, and slow down their pace. These drills will build up the players endurance, and shorten the recovery after sprints.